Friday, January 7, 2011

Monster Cookies

These are monster cookies because they have so many ingredients.
This a recipe from my best friend from high school. It is actually a fourth of the real recipe. She grew up on a dairy farm with several siblings. These are so good!

3 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1/2 c. butter
1 1/2 c chunky peanut butter
1 t. vanilla
1 t. corn syrup
2 t. baking soda
4 c. oatmeal
3/4 c. M&Ms
6 oz chocolate chips
6 oz butterscotch chips

10 minutes at 350 degrees
7-8 dozen cookies

I normally freeze my scoops then put 2 dozen in a freezer bag.
These are great to bake from frozen in about 12 minutes, same temperature.
These are also great to take with a freezer meal to someone who is ill or has just had a baby.

1 comment:

  1. This recipe actually came to me in Iowa from my cousin Joanne in Wyoming. I have been making them for 20 years and they continue to be a family favorite. The big trick is to put them in a ziplock bag while still warm. This keeps them nice and chewy. BE SURE NOT TO OVERBAKE THEM!!! I set my timer for 10 minutes.

    I made a full batch over Christmas and put bags in the freezer that we are still enjoying.

    ReplyDelete