Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lotion Bars


This recipe is from my friend Courtney's blog found HERE.

Her recipe:
2 oz Beeswax
2 oz Shea Butter
2 oz Coconut Oil

Melt in a double boiler or small crockpot, melt beeswax, then add in the shea butter to melt, and then the coconut oil. Stir to mix well and pour into molds and let harden on the counter or in the freezer.

I did not read her 'notes' about the ingredients being measured by weight!!! Beeswax is heavier than shea butter and coconut oil. So she used 1/4 cup of beeswax to 1 cup each of the other two.


My recipe:
2 T beeswax
2 T shea butter
2 T coconut oil

I dumped all of it in a mini crockpot, stirred it once after it was melted and poured it into my Wilton's mini heart silicone baking cups. This made 3 small heart shaped bars. I let them cool overnight. They are not goopey but will rub into your hands.

My daughter thought they were delicious; she nibbled on one. She loves anything I make in the silicone hearts. Her memory verse is 'I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.' Psalm 119:11. I always draw a heart on her hand when we practice, so these hearts have been an extension of her learning her verse. (She is only 16 months. We are a long way from her being able to say more than 'heart.')

I gave these as Christmas gifts with a note, "We must not lose heart in doing good things. If we do not stop doing them, we will get something back when the right time comes." --Galatians 6:9.

No comments:

Post a Comment